Tired of Olympic hype? Try living in the UK. Your humble (and normally quite reasonable) blogger has had it up to his Musketeer-style chin beard with all things sporting after a year or so of relentless build-up to London 2012 and would happily go into suspended animation until the whole thing is over.
As a dyed-in-the-wool, adopted Sheffielder, I obviously wish Jessica Ennis well in her heptathlon campaign but I really would rather ignore the vast majority of the Olympics – a feat made quite challenging by the approximately 906 channels being devoted by the BBC to the
imminent hostilities glorious sporting spectacle about to unfurl.
To distract those of you who can’t get that excited by athletes doing things slightly more quickly than they did them previously, take in the joyful image above of Iron Maiden‘s mascot Eddie, as originally found on the Metal Hammer website.
- Maiden America (fluffrick.wordpress.com)
- Video: Britain’s Track-and-Field Golden Girl Jessica Ennis Prepares for the Games (olympics.time.com)
- Jessica Ennis: It’s gold or failure at London Olympics (standard.co.uk)
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson Calls Out Texting ‘Wanker’ at Indianapolis Show (loudwire.com)
- Heptathlete Jessica Ennis ‘hopes to do Sheffield proud’ at the Olympic Games (itv.com)